- The minimum allowed quantity for Seachem Cichlid Lake Salt 250gm/8.8oz is 3 (you currently have 0 in your cart).
$4.99 – $19.99
Purpose and Benefits:
pH Down is a liquid pH lowering product for freshwater aquariums. pH Down lowers pH by neutralizing carbonate hardness in the water.
Adjusting the pH to the proper level will improve fish health, disease resistance, coloration and breeding. While many common aquarium fish will live in water with a pH range of 6.8 to 7.5, a pH of 7.0 is ideal for a community aquarium containing a variety of freshwater fish. Live bearers like mollies and swordtails prefer a higher pH of 7.2-7.6. Acid-loving fish such as angelfish and neon tetras prefer a lower pH of 6.5-6.8.
Each dose of pH Down neutralizes some of the carbonate hardness and lowers the pH. The pH may rebound up to the original pH if the carbonate hardness is high. Several consecutive treatments with pH Down may be necessary to lower pH, but if there are fish present in the aquarium, the pH should not be changed more than .2 in a 24 hour period. The number of doses required to lower the pH will depend on the carbonate hardness level and the desired pH level. An aquarium with low carbonate hardness may require one treatment with pH Down while an aquarium with a high carbonate level will require several.
Directions for Use:
- Use Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater pH test Kit to determine the pH of the aquarium.
- To lower pH, add two drops of pH Down for every U.S. gallon (3.78 L) of aquarium water.
- Take another pH reading before making the next addition of pH Down.
- If fish are present in the aquarium, do not change the pH more than 0.2 in a 24 hour period (for example, from 7.2 to 7.0).
pH Down contains no phosphates and may be used with live plants.
1.25oz, 4oz, 16oz